The Joy of Not Knowing

Sometimes you like something when you're young, but you lack some previous knowledge to understand the full meaning of it. It happens a lot with music.

When I was young, I didn't speak English. And a lot of songs that I used to love were sung in English. Sometimes some songs bring lyrics that play with themes like suicide, depression and other subjects that are not really cool or sentimental.

"(Seasons Don't Fear) The Reaper" by Blue Öyster Cult was one of those songs. Depression and suicide wrapped in one of the smoothest and mesmerizing melodies I've ever heard.

That's why, even understanding how tragic the lyrics are, I still get very relaxed when I listen to it

I hope you enjoy it too.

And you? Did you use to like songs that were sung in other languages? What did you feel after understanding the lyrics? Do you still rock with that songs?

Write in the comments below!


Comments

Popular Posts